Importing Demo Content
By default, a WordPress theme does not include pre-installed content. However, if you would like to install the Reach demo content, you can do so by following these instructions.
Note: We do not recommend this if you have existing content in your WordPress installation, as it will add numerous posts, pages, categories, media and more to your site.
- Download the Reach demo content here.
- Once downloaded, unzip the file you are provided. Inside of the folder are three xml files.
- Log into your dashboard and navigate to Tools > Import, and choose the WordPress importer.
- When prompted, upload the first of the xml files.
- After you have initiated the demo content upload, you will be asked to assign or create a new author for your demo content. You will also be given a checkbox option to ‘Import File Attachments’. The images in the demo are from Unsplash.com and free to use.
- Once the file has uploaded, go back to step 3 and run through the same process for the other two xml files.
- Once everything has been imported successfully, navigate to Appearance > Customizer and configure your content.
That’s it, enjoy!